Raleigh’s Generac Liquid Cooled and Air Cooled Generators Dealer
For the installation of or repair to Generac liquid cooled generators and Generac air cooled generators in the Raleigh-Durham area, call Progressive Service Company.
Our experts will provide you with the information and advice you need to decide which model is right for your home or business.
An important consideration to take when choosing a backup generator is its engine cooling type. Deciding between liquid cooled and air cooled is a matter of knowing how much power you’ll need, where your property is located, and how long you would like the generator to last.
Air Cooled vs Liquid Cooled Generators
For homeowners, careful consideration of usage should be taken into account before buying a new standby generator. The team at Progressive can help you determine exactly how much power you need and what cooling type is best for you. One is not necessarily a better quality or better value, they just deliver different results for different situations. Progressive has compiled the following buyer’s guide to help you understand the differences:
Generac Liquid Cooled Generators
- Engine cooling process is more sophisticated than air cooled. Comparisons can be drawn to the cooling system in a car.
- Closer attention must be paid to the maintenance of liquid cooled generators, as their cooling systems are fairly intricate.
- Usually used in higher kilowatt generators. It is most likely that a generator for a large residence or business will require the power that only a liquid cooled generator can produce.
- Generally very quiet. Sound is contained within the enclosure of the generator.
Generac Air Cooled Generators
- Cooling is generated by fans that force air across the engine. Similar to that of a refrigerator.
- Maintenance is simpler and can often be handled by the owner without risk of damaging the product.
- Usually used in lower kilowatt generators. Air cooled engines are most often found in portable generators or standby generators for smaller homes.
- Produce more noise than liquid cooled. Fans can often be heard as they’re running.
We know it can be overwhelming to choose between models of Generac liquid cooled and air cooled generators. That’s why you can always count on Progressive to answer your questions, perform the installation, and return for maintenance as needed.
To learn more about our Generac liquid cooled and air cooled generators, call us at our Raleigh office at (919) 325-0180 or our Durham office at (919) 682-4262. You can also complete a brief contact form to hear from a Progressive Service Company customer support professional today!
Our Customers Love Us!
From my first call to Progressive’s office, my conversation with the electrical manager, through the end of the job when all was done, Progressive did a great job for me. They were very professional, friendly, and flexible. The work was to relocate receptacles and switches from a wall that was being removed from our house, and also to add receptacles to another room. They sent two men who had to spend several hours both under and in our house. I recommend them highly and will use them again.
- Bern Gartts (Nov 2015) - Review From Google
Brian performed maintenance check on the HVAC (I hope I used the correct term). His visit was just a few days we experienced unusually cold weather in mid-October. He was very helpful by providing answers to my questions. He also explained things that I was not aware of. I did not like the programmable thermostat and he replaced it with a simple thermostat which I understood much better than the programmable. I now feel much more comfortable after he inspected the system.
Jean Allen (January 2016) - Review From Google
I had Progressive install a new tankless water heater. The technicians name was Larry and his helpers name was martin. They were both very polite and their work looks very neat. We are very happy with our new tankless heater.
Tyler Smith (February 2016) - Review From Google
We have had our HVAC replaced by this company and have a current service contract and loved them.Darryl who worked with us was great. The greatest part of the company though is how attentive, helpful, and responsible Kat was! She was constantly available and providing any assistance we needed.
Gina-Maria Pomanna (November 2015) - Review From Google